Thursday, May 28, 2009

New shoes for Dad!

With our change in income last year we actually got a tax refund! So the CFO and I decided that we would each use some of it for what we wanted, give to charity and save the rest. She decided to have someone draw up landscape plans for our yard that we could then implement over the next few years. I originally wanted a high capacity shotgun as there is a chance that everything shy of nerf-guns will be illegal to buy before too long:) But after thinking about it for a while I changed my mind. Don't get any ideas... we still have my 9mm XDM with 19 rounds and the CFO's 357:)

I decided to buy camping equipment, sandals and hiking boots. I bought the sandals and boots from Sierra Trading Post online. I had to laugh out loud (and continue to do so) when I got my new Keen sandals. You might be able to see on the Keen site that the sandals are "waterproof." Now I know that they mean the materials are waterproof but it would be like seeing "waterproof" on a screen door. I always think of "waterproof" meaning not letting water in... not just that it won't damage something. It is almost as funny as a sticker on my first alarm clock that said "genuine simulated wood grain," as apposed to fake simulated wood grain:)

As an added bonus the kids also love my new shoes!




I believe everybody in the world should have guns. Citizens should have bazookas and rocket launchers too. I believe that all citizens should have their weapons of choice. However, I also believe that only I should have the ammunition. Because frankly, I wouldn't trust the rest of the goobers with anything more dangerous than string. Scott Adams

Al

No comments: