Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Overpackaging

I am all for safety. We have safety covers on all outlets, baby gates and the like. I even like to package things well when I ship items. But I recently received some software that made me shake my head. I found a great deal on a Norton bundle of Internet Security 2008, Ghost 14.0 and Partition Magic. It cost $70 upfront but you get $70 in rebates! I ordered it from Frys.com.


First, I was surprised that they shipped it UPS. Software boxes are not that big and are VERY light as you probably know. Then I was very surprised when the box showed up. Then I laughed when I opened it up to find the software inside. Once I opened it up I realized the manufacturer could have put everything in a 6 x 9 envelope, talk about waste Oh well, that is Al Gore's fight, not mine:)





Another funny mealtime with the Triplets



Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away.
Henry de Bracton

Al

No comments: