Friday, September 19, 2008

Jackpot, the Triplets eat again....

As many if not all people with kids know, they can be finicky. I now know why parents are always pushing you to have 2nds.... it makes them feel good when kids eat. Not sure if it is a competitive thing, my kid is bigger than yours, or something more instinctual linked to survival. But there it is, driving you to get them to eat. For those of us that did our time in the NICU we know where the desire to have them eat comes from. The rest of you are on your own figuring it out:)

So, many of my tried and true staples for meals have been getting shunned by the now 2 year old triplets. Two nights ago I cooked chicken piccata for me and the CFO. I had two extra chicken breasts that I had breaded thinking we would eat it again the next night. But the CFO worked late so I thought, why not just fry them for the kids with EVOO? They LOVED it! They ate a whole chicken breast! I do not like doing things last minute and cooking right before your triplets eat IS last minute:) I am a cook and reheat kind of parent. So I stayed up last night and cooked six pieces of chicken to be reheated over the next week. Don't worry, I am doing my usual Sneaky Chef deal by adding white bean puree to the egg mixture along with adding wheat germ and flax seed meal to the breading. Let's see how long this lasts:)

I can still hear William saying over and over and over... stuck, stuck, stuck....



'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865), (attributed)

Al

No comments: