Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Waffle Day

I have often been told that I can make the simplest of tasks complicated. So, not only am I a stay at home Dad, I also make their waffles for breakfast from scratch. It is much easier than you think. I have also been accused of being a wee bit on the particular side (anal) about things. So when I can, I make things myself. I also make our own chicken nuggets from organic chicken each week. Yes, they do eat some fast food and store bought prepared food but I try to make it the exception rather than the rule. But with Wendy's selling 5 piece chicken nuggets for $.99 it is a tough battle to keep fighting.


Even though I have been making waffles, french toast and pancakes for them since they started eating "real" food I still have my mornings. Notice the lump of waffle in the picture next to the perfect ones:) If you want to make your own waffles I would definitely recommend the Waring Pro Belgian Waffle Maker. It has a timer so even an habitual multi-tasker like myself can make great waffles. Did I mention that I woke up at 6:25 am and since then I have; made waffles, started a load of laundry, made coffee, filled 3 sippy cups of milk, emptied the dishwasher and made this post? No, my kids do not eat one waffle each, they split a waffle between the three of them. I freeze the rest then just pop one in the toaster each morning! Easy and cheap.

Time to go get the kiddos and see what surprises wait in their little diapers:)

If you can't beat them, confuse them,

Al

No comments: