Friday, December 31, 2010

An Alabama Christmas

We went up to the in-laws the other weekend to do the CFO's family Christmas.  We surprised the CFO's parents with a new computer.  I put it up after they went to bed.  I woke up to William telling the CFO's parents "Mommy and Daddy didn't bring any computer."  We have to keep the Triplets in the dark on anything we want to be a surprise as they LOVE telling secrets. It runs in the family, some members of the family.  Not that they are loose lipped but that they love surprising people.  So much so that they talk about the impending surprise... a lot:)

I am the kind of person that drives that kind of person crazy.  Some people like to build suspense about an impending surprise.  They want you (me) to be curious about what it is.  Ask questions about it.  Ponder the possibilities.  Weigh your options. You know, get all geeked up about it.  I, on the other hand like surprises to be... well... surprises.  So I don't inquire, ponder, ask, or do anything that may encroach on the forthcoming surprise.  As an added bonus it drives the surpriser nuts:)  

But an Alabama Christmas would not be complete without a little gun play!  The in-laws watched the Triplets and their three cousins while the CFO, my brother in law and sister in law went to the "old place" to shoot.  I had my Mossberg 500 Persuader shotgun and my brother in law his new Judge.  A pistol that shoots a .45 AND a .410 shotgun shell... I am all over it!  Yes, the CFO loved it too!


I am no more humble than my talents require.
Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government --and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws.
Edward Abbey

Al

No comments: