Friday, June 26, 2009

Safety first

There are some good things the Triplets are picking up from and some not so good things they pick up from me. For instance, one night as the CFO and I were playing with the kids before bedtime. While Addison was sitting in the CFO's lap she looked right at me and said SHUT UP! The CFO said "where did she get that from?" I sheepishly looked at her and said "It was a very bad day, it slipped out" :(

One of the good things Jackson seems to have picked up is that I am a good bit safety conscious. Of course he has to take it to the extreme as he LOVES pushing the line. He also is only safety conscious on his terms:) Like yesterday leaving their school. He is very aware of "car(s) coming" and tells us all to stop. But for some reason he is VERY proactive at their school. "Car coming" includes any car with their lights on, that is running, with someone in it or someone in the process of loading their kids in their car. So you can imagine this takes a while as parents pick up their kids at the same time each day. There we sat for about 20 minutes in the heat, albeit in the shade, waiting on all the cars to leave. But the kids were happy and enjoyed waving to everyone as they left so I sat there and took in the moment. I try to remind myself it is OK to take your time every once in a while and just enjoy the moment, even if it is in the mid 90's:) One parent even stopped to ask if we were having car trouble. I thanked her but explained my predicament. Just another "toddler lesson" for Daddy, be careful what you ask for:)

William has become quite photogenic and loves posing for the camera.



I take the view, and always have, that if you cannot say what you are going to say in twenty minutes you ought to go away and write a book about it.
Lord Brabazon (1884 - 1964)

Al

No comments: