Friday, April 10, 2009

Lock the door? Duct tape?

Jackson is really getting irritating. He gets out of bed several times a night. This might sound bad but I wouldn't have a problem with it if he did not disturb us, but he does. He has several strategies he employs:

1. Turn the light on and off is their room. This of course disturbs the other 2/3rds of our posse.
2. Come get in bed with us. Did I mention that he kicks in his sleep?
3. Sleep under our bed. He then kicks the underside of our bed.
4. Play with toys in their playroom. Same issue as #1.

The CFO and I each take him back to bed a few times a night. Yes, we have different styles of doing this. Me? Mine is "you need to stay in bed and if you get out of bed again there will be tougher consequences" or something to that effect. I have not heard the CFO first hand but I am guessing it is more comforting, trying to get to the cause of him getting out of bed. Being a Man I do not worry about the cause as much as the results:)

Oh well, I guess if this is our biggest challenge so far then we don't have anything to complain about.

The kids loved playing with the Thomas the Train sets over the weekend.



Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Don Marquis (1878 - 1937)

Al

No comments: