Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An update on the rewards (bribery)

A while back we started rewarding (bribing) the Triplets with chocolate milk if they stay in their beds at night.  It usually works.  I have upped the ante by also offering toaster strudels if the ALL stay in their beds at night.  This has been a rare occurrence.

Last night I got home late from celebrating Nuke Doc's Birthday.  We saw Inception and it is LONG, a great movie but LONG.  When I got home the CFO said "I have something you need to see.  I thought ugh-oh.  See, I dropped the Triplets off at the CFO's work at 4:30 pm and she had the evening with them while I hung out with Nuke Doc and another friend, the Toolman.  Since she had them, or I should say they had her, to herself/themselves I was a bit nervous about what I was going to see.

William was dead asleep in our front hallway.  It seems he had gotten out of bed and upon noticing that the CFO was still awake he decided to just wait her out.  Needless to say, he spent the rest of the night in our bed.  I then woke up sandwiched between the boys this morning.  I just keep reminding myself that there will come a day when they don't want to spend time with us.

One of the indictments of civilizations is that happiness and intelligence are so rarely found in the same person.

William Feather

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
Proverb

Al

No comments: