Friday, November 26, 2010

I am thankful I am not shopping

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shopping and spending money, just ask the CFO:)  But it seems that Black Friday deals are not as great or awe inspiring as the use to be, thanks to technology.  Most items are already at rock-bottom prices if you know where to look thanks to Google and the like.  Now I know you can get Zhu Zhu Pets for $4 at Wal Mart but other than a few really good deals.

If you are already looking to buy something then you can probably find it cheaper today than other days but I don't know that it was worth staying up till midnight or getting up at 3am for, but hey, that is just me.  Not to mention you can get a lot of this stuff online anyway.  I know, I know, some people just love the thrill of the hunt.  You know what I like better?  Staying at home in our warm, dry house, eating bacon and eggs with a good cup of coffee while buying Talladega Nights for $1.99 from Amazon with free shipping.  But hey, that is just me:)

If you were not feeling all that thankful this Thanksgiving just watch the news.  I PROMISE someone else has it worse than you.  I for one am thankful for all the stuff that frustrates me.  You know...
  • family - nuff said:)
  • taxes - a job
  • traffic - a car
  • weight - food to eat
  • dirt/dust - all the stuff I clean
  • yardwork - a house
The list could go on and on.  So for at least one day out of the year I try to look at the bright side of all the stuff that makes me crazy.  But that was yesterday... now I need to deal with my crazy family as we complain about "wealth redistribution", 280 traffic, how fit we use to be and wonder when I will find the time for all my house work and get the flower beds weeded.


Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

Oscar Wilde

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts.  No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.  
H.U. Westermayer

Al

No comments: