Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Biking

We got the Triplets bikes for their Birthday.  Well, everyone got them bikes for their birthday.  Bikes are not cheap!  My best friend growing up, the Marine Doc, bought them their new helmets.  I always laugh about how safety conscious we/I am now compared to when I was a kid riding in the "gunner" spot of a station wagon down the highway.

The CFO had the idea to take the Triplets to the culdesac at the end of our street to let them ride some.  The only challenge is that it is at the bottom of a hill.  We made it down and back up with little issues.  The only real challenge was that I was holding/pushing two at once and they had to ride close to each other without running into me, each other or stretching me out too far.

Next up, learning to ride without training wheels.  Maybe in the Spring when I can find a nice hill with a gradual slope.  I taught my self at a neighbors house in his yard.  I want to wait till they want to do it.




For instance, the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created:  Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon.  
Bill Strickland

I'm lazy. But it's the lazy people who invented the wheel and the bicycle because they didn't like walking or carrying things. 
Lech Walesa 

Al

No comments: