Tuesday, October 5, 2010

They say it's your Birthday...

The Triplets love them some Birthday parties!  But who doesn't?  OK, maybe some of us are not big on our own Birthday party, but attending other parties is great.  Of course you have to like a bit of somewhat organized chaos, like I do, to really appreciate them.  I not so secretly like it when kids flip out, their head's pop off, come unhinged and you can actually hear the seams of their universe being torn in two.  You know, a good old temper tantrum, and you can usually count on at least one at a Birthday party.

I know that enjoying a fit pitchin' by a youngster is more than a bit twisted, but I have always appreciated people losing their cool, even when it was directed at me.  Keep in mind that I only like(d) it when I am not emotionally invested in the situation.  That is one of the reasons I loved traveling for work back when I chose to work "outside the home."  People freak out on a regular basis at airports.... "what do you mean delayed!!  I don't care about the storm, get me to ...."   This also rang true when I worked in various customer service rolls.  I saw it as a competition.  If they got me riled up they won.

Fortunately, for everyone else, there were no temper tantrums at our latest Birthday bonanza.  Our friends, the Kiddie Lung Doc, always throw a great party with fun things for the kids to do.  Not to mention the awesome strawberry cake!



  

Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.
Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary

I hope that when I die, people say about me, 'Boy, that guy sure owed me a lot of money.'
Jack Handey (1949 - ), Deep Thoughts

Al

No comments: