Friday, October 15, 2010

A caviot to the rant

One dear friend mentioned how it is frustrating that everyone seems to "require" a degree these days but she has gotten those jobs when she networked and got an interview.  So I wanted to add a little to my rant.

I can handle it when someone does met one or two of the criteria because I am flexible.  But lets say here is the criteria:
  • Bachelors Degree
  • a minimum of 1-3 years of retail experience
  • local candidates only
  • legally allowed to work in the US for any employer
Here is an example of someone that makes you want to call a candidate and ask them if they can read:
  • Has a "certification" in management
  • Worked for and/or ran a lawn service for five years
  • Lives two states away
  • Requires sponsorship to work in the US
I am all for being flexible but it would be like if you go into the Gap asking for jeans and they brought you a pair of shorts or a jacket.

Have fun and laugh at something today,

Al

No comments: