Saturday, October 16, 2010

One week down, almost

After Friday I have 22 hrs and 45 minutes of real "work" done.  Keep in mind I still have Saturday and Sunday, depending on when the Agency I am working through ends their weeks.  Things don't seem to be too bad.  I still need to fold some laundry and get it put away and clean some but all in all everything seems OK.

So where did those 22 hours come from?  We did not leave the house two days last week so I could get some housework done while the Triplets played.  No naps for me, I usually got a nap in when they nap.  No TV,  movies or video games.  I have the newly released Medal of Honor game staring at me from the mantle still in its shrink-wrap.  The yard still looks OK though I have not weeded or mowed.  The house is pretty clean but not as clean as we like it.  And finally, about 5 or more of those work hours have come off of my sleep.

But there has been some good that has come out of this so far.  I am much more focused during my "free time."  I also enjoy my time more when I play with the Triplets.  Not that I didn't enjoy it before but it seems a bit more special now.  Finally I am reminded of what a gift it is that I am able to stay at home with the kids.  It is truly a luxury that many are not allowed or not able to do.

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Al

No comments: