Saturday, October 9, 2010

No more slacking

It seems that the days of me slacking are coming to an end, at least for a while.  I am helping a friend out at one of my previous employers with some part time (20-40 hours) contract recruiting.  She is helping me out by paying me:)  The challenge as I see it right now is carving out 20+ hours out of my somewhat busy week.

Let's see... The first to go is my time when the Triplets are at their day out program.  They go three days a week and I can put them in extended care to give me about 18 hours a week.  Now, let's see what I do that is non-productive that can be shelved for the next six weeks.  No watching TV, movies, playing the PS3 (this SUCKS because I have the new Medal of Honor pre-ordered and coming in the mail next week), limited blogging, no reading other blogs, and no FaceBook.  If I do all that and give up a bit of sleep I should be able to carve out about two hours a night plus have interviews scheduled throughout the day and weekends.  See how much slacking I have been doing!

I would not want to keep this up forever but for a month and a half I can do anything.  Back before kids I use to go into work around 6 or 6:30 and work till 7pm only to come home and do about two hours of work.  I would also go in most Saturdays for a little while.  Did I mention I was a workaholic?  Now I just need to get back up to speed on the software they use.  Oh yeah, and stock up on sleep:)

The men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

All things are difficult before they are easy. 
Thomas Fuller 

Al

No comments: