Friday, February 19, 2010

Toddler comments

If you have kids or have been around kids then you know some of the funniest stuff out there comes out of their mouths. No, I am not just talking about how they have the innate talent for picking the one word or phrase that we would least like them to remember out of a conversation and then repeating it like a mocking bird. I am talking how they start testing logic and their skills of deduction. Some of these are what a speaker at a conference once called these BFOs or a blinding flash of the obvious:)
  • "When we get to school, we will be somewhere else." - Addison
  • "Because I did" - William answering why did you do "that" no, it does not matter what "that" is, same answer:)
  • "William, I am so proud of you" - Addison after William went poo-poo in the potty.
  • "I bumped my cheek on my teeth". - Jackson in response to my question "what did you bump your cheek on?"
  • "If I loose it I won't know where it it" - Addison
  • "I can't see when he's in my way" - Addison
  • "I didn't bite him, I pinched him with my teeth" - Jackson's answer after I asked "Did you bite your brother?"
The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), What Is Man? (1906)

Al

No comments: