Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Somebody did something....

As anyone with more than one kid knows... tattle telling gets elevated to an art form by kids. As I am an only child, I missed out on this a good bit:) There is not much time that goes by where one of the Triplets is not running up to me saying "Somebody....." It could be any of the following:
  • hit me
  • kicked me
  • pinched me
  • pushed me
  • closed the door (they are not allowed to play with doors due to the fact that God only gave each of them ten fingers and we don't have spares)
  • took my toy
The list goes on and on. William and Addison are usually very specific telling me who did it. Jackson on the other hand, ALWAYS says "somebody." Even when he knows who did it. I have to ask "who did it." To which the answer is almost always "William." Then I must put my investigative hat on to find out what happened as most offences are preceded by an offence perpetrated by the tattle teller. So then I must determine appropriate discipline for both parties. They will hopefully soon learn that they are better off keeping their mouth shut and solving the issue themselves:)

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931), (attributed)


Al

No comments: