Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Toddler time....

Maybe I am on to something with this whole "relative time" thing. But then again this is most probably one of my backwards way of thinking deals. To explain how my thinking is different let me give you an example that the CFO uses on a regular basis to explain how I am different. If you have read this previously I apologize.

If there is a stack of books on a table and someone asks you to hand you the first book which one would you grab?
  • 99% of people would grab the one on top.
  • I would grab the one on the bottom. My reasoning is that it is the first book in the stack. Call me crazy but that is how floors in buildings are numbered:)

I have found a huge inverse relationship within my "relative time" theory. I call it Toddler Time. You know, the time it takes a Toddler to respond to a request. I find myself counting to ten a lot in my head before I see a response. Not sure if the delay is willful or if their little heads are bombarded with so much information at any given time that it takes them a little longer to filter everything out. But I know one thing for sure. If you want to send a Toddler into a extremity flailing fit ask them to do something then don't give them long enough to do it before you step in. Talk about the wheels coming off:)

We went to the Zoo with some friends last week. Our first shot at pig-tails on Addison, or any of the other Triplets for that matter.



The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Al

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

Wow! Addison without a hat on her head! Doesn't she look cute in those pigtails. Keep being "relative" it's what makes life interesting :0