Thursday, March 12, 2009

I have figured it out....

You know how just when you have something wired, I mean you really are firing on all cylinders that is when it hits the fan only to blow right back in your face? Yep, it is exactly like that with the Triplets. While I still think they are better organized than the Teamsters were under Hoffa, I am beginning to realize that there is something bigger going on. It is pride.... my pride. I have noticed that whenever I feel that I do this (raising kids) better than someone else the Triplets (God) remind(s) me that humility is the best tool in a parent's arsenal. Well, that and a stick-to-it-tiveness that will enable you to stick to your guns. Unfortunately if you so much as even think you are humble, then by definition you are not. How is that for an unattainable SMART goal - be humble.

There is not much better in this world than blowing bubbles for kids....




It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels.
Saint Augustine

Al

No comments: