Monday, February 23, 2009

The Toddler intercom system

As you may know I love anything that I find humorous, silly, peculiar or ridiculous and if it is not one of those I do my best to make it funny. Our morning routine has changed some since we went on daylight savings time. The kids usually get up around 6am so they are up and at'em while the CFO is getting ready for work and I am getting all the logistics for the day put together (diaper bag, school stuff, blog, etc...). The other day we learned that the kids LOVE relaying messages for us. It does however sometimes end up a little murky at the other end since they are only 2 1/2:)



Here is an example:

  • Jackson comes in the kitchen: Mommy tea, Mommy tea, Mommy tea....
  • Jackson runs to the CFO: Mommy salad? Mommy salad? Mommy salad?
  • Jackson comes in the kitchen: Salad yes, salad yes, salad yes
  • Jackson runs to the CFO: Mommy chicken? Mommy chicken? Mommy chicken?
  • Jackson comes in the kitchen: Chicken yes, chicken yes, chicken yes
I now know the CFO is ready for me to heat up her tea for the trip to work and she wants a salad with chicken for lunch. Yes, I sometimes pack her lunch:)

Did I mention that learning how to eat can be messy:)







My work is a game, a very serious game.
M. C. Escher (1898 - 1972)


Al

No comments: