Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The fringe benefits of being a stay-at-home Dad

I got to thinking (yes, I still sometimes indulge my brain) the other day about what fringe benefits my job as a stay-at-home Dad has. Feel free to add your own.
  • I wear shorts all the time (pants rub the hair off your knees)
  • I get to workout three times a week during the day (so I can indulge my Blue Bell ice cream addiction)
  • Did I mention I wear shorts?
  • I get to watch my children grow up and shape them (this is quite often a double edge sword)
  • People are all the time asking me if they can do my job for a day (watch the kids)
  • I get to work out of the office (home) whenever I want
  • I could take naps almost every day (it is actually encouraged by the CFO)
  • I don't get in trouble for running personal errands "on company time" (of course I have to take all my "employees" with me)
  • People give me kudos for doing my job (people rarely told me "I think it is great that you are in recruiting" when I worked "outside the home")
  • If my "employees" act inappropriately I can send them to timeout

    William "inspecting" a piece of fuzz he found on his PJs




    If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
    Anne Bradstreet (1612 - 1672), 'Meditations Divine and Moral,' 1655

    Al

No comments: