Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Snow globes and toddlers are a bad combination

I had previously seen this cute snow globe around the house. It was about 2" in diameter and we usually didn't let the kids play with it as we did not want anyone getting hit with it:) So when William wandered into the kitchen with it yesterday morning I thought nothing of it. I showed him how it worked and he LOVED it! Then I turned to finish cleaning up from breakfast.... not sure it if slipped or it was "discarded" by William but it went down on the hardwoods. BAM! It blew like it was designed by Stark Industries (we just watched Iron Man). That little snow globe had a blast radius of about six feet. Not bad for glitter, water and what turned out to be thin glass. Who would have thought it was glass?

Just as I turned William goes down in the puddle of water, glitter and glass shards. I, while sock footed, stepped in and scooped him up. Not sure what you should do in these cases but I pulled his PJ bottoms off and rinsed him under the faucet to get the glass off. Of course the other 2/3rds of our Triplets came running. To which I said "Stop, go back in the living room." To my amazement they did. Luckily William escaped with only two minor nicks on the bottom of his feet.

So for the next 45 minutes I worked on cleaning up glass. To add insult to injury I had to try and get up all the glitter. Glitter and I don't get along:) So after about 1/2 a roll of paper towels that I would wet down and wipe the floor with, scanning the floor with the flash light and running Roomba I felt safe.

Just another day with toddlers:)

Addison with her face painting from the weekend.


My way of joking is to tell the truth. It is the funniest joke in the world.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)


Al

No comments: