Friday, October 10, 2008

Pavlov's Triplets...

As anyone with kids already knows, they learn even when you are not "teaching" them. We, like any red-blooded americans, spend much of our time in the kitchen. Our kitchen table is for playing and eating. So they are often in the kitchen while I am preparing food. OK, if they are awake they better be in there or I need to go see what they are getting into:)

Here are the two most frequent senarios...

1. I usually cook waffles, french toast or blueberry pancakes for breakfast but I always make more than I need and freeze the rest. That way I can just pop some in the toaster when I need them. So when the toaster "dings" when it is done the Triplets yell "Waffle!"

2. Another one of their favorites and a staple at the lunch/dinner table is mac and cheese. Of course I have doctored it up with one of The Sneaky Chef's pures and added chopped spinach:) I just reheat some in the microwave when they need it. So when the microwave beeps the Triplets all yell "cheese!"

Now I need to start having fun with this... I am trying to get them to sing "The phone, the phone is ringing" ala the Wonder Pets whenever they hear a phone ring....

I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah


There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.
Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)

Al

No comments: