Thursday, March 18, 2010

Service call my sweet fanny

You know how it goes.... We are just checking your AC before the summer gets here. No worries, I think. Then the tech sets both AC units to 60. Uhhhh, that's a bit chilly when it is 54 outside. No worries, I think. Two hours later it gets to 65 inside so I speak up. It seems we have an "issue" with out upstairs unit. This is not a big shock as it was hot upstairs the last two Summers.

It seems the coil is leaking. No bueno. Now we have a decision to just replace it on a 20 year old unit or double down, check that, quadruple down on a whole new unit. Needless to say we now have a hole where out old unit was. I would rather get it all replaced now then it go out in the middle of the summer/winter and not be able to negotiate.

The good news is that we will have a brand new unit that will keep out upstairs cool in the summer and warm in the winter:) Last summer it was not uncommon for it to hit 80 upstairs on hot days. I know, I know, it was not all that long ago when no one had AC. It was not all that long ago when people pooped in outhouses and went to the well for water but I, for one, prefer our modern conveniences:)

So now the CFO and I know what we are getting for our 40th birthdays this year.... At least it is a gift that we will have for years to come and we can share with others:)

I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance.
Reuben Blades

The first gold star a child gets in school for the mere performance of a needful task is its first lesson in graft.
Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers, 1942

Al

No comments: