Friday, March 12, 2010

Just keep swiming...

I have often found these profound words to be some solace in life. It is funny that they come from Saving Nemo. I always thought of them as a figure of speech until the Triplets had their first swim lessons. I use the word "swim" VERY loosely as they are more "getting comfortable with water" lessons. The CFO and I were very impressed that all three did everything their instructors asked of them. Jackson usually gets cold and is very clingy but this time William was ready to get out early. But he sucked it up and made it through. Of course I told him he could have ice cream at dinner if he did:)

We have finished two weeks of lessons and so far no mutinies yet:) Their swim coach, Mr. Pat, is very good with them. Just take a look at the interaction. What you don't hear is the conversation he had, and has a lot, with William:
  • William: I don't want to jump (you can also insert anything else he is asked to do)
  • Mr. Pat: I didn't ask you
See, the same love and understanding they are use to from Daddy:)




Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, he calms the sailor. And sometimes he makes us swim.
Author Unknown

Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream.
Author Unknown

Al

No comments: