Monday, March 15, 2010

A Dad's work is never done

As a SAHD (stay at home dad) I have several roles/jobs. One of those jobs is the fix-it guy. I am not talking about the around the house stuff, I do that too, but rather the "Daddy, it's broken!" fix-it guy. I am armed with screwdrivers to take apart toys to remove foreign objects, gorilla tape (MUCH better than duct tape), gorilla glue, and a veritable plethora of other tools to fill this role.

One of my recurring projects are Addison's favorite sunglasses. She LOVES them and looks VERY sassy in them so I keep re-gluing them. The picture below is/was the fourth repair job. I have to glue them then tape them to let the glue set. Once the glue sets I can remove the tape and Addison is once again a happy camper. That is until she sets them down again:)



When a man is wrapped up in himself, he makes a pretty small package.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Al

No comments: