Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My humor

My humor seems to get me some funny and not so funny looks. I am getting a bit worried as I know the Triplets will pick it up and hurl it back at me any day now. My humor is VERY dry and often times quite sarcastic. I have heard some people say that sarcasm is the lowest form of humor. Well... their Mama's dress them funny:)

As a good example of how my humor has put people off during the years consider a quote from an Intern that I worked with some time ago. We were working a job fair when she turned to me and said:
"You know, when we first met I thought you were a jerk. Then I talked to people and they said "oh, he is funny but just really dry." You know, they were right, you are funny."

I cannot think of time that I would not want humor. I know there are many times that others don't want humor, as for me.... bring it on.

One of the biggest gifts I think I can give my kids is the ability to laugh at themselves AND let others laugh at them without it hurting their self image or ego. Laughter cures almost all ailments and what it doesn't cure you forget about while you are laughing.

If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.'
Jeff Foxworthy

Al

1 comment:

Marie said...

Keep it up. Humor is great & there are many sarcastic people out there. I use sarcasm all the time & my kids don't understand it because they are still very much in the literal phase. I know once they do, it will bite me in the butt.