Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

I taught one of our children's classes at Church last night.  I really like interacting with the youth at our Church for two reasons.  One, I get a glimpse of what I am in for with the Triplets.  Secondly, I get a chance to listen to them.  It seems I learn more about myself than they learn during our time together.  Hopefully they get something good out of it too:)

Last night we were talking about respect and how you don't have to like someone to respect them.  I asked them for examples of people that they do not always like but they need to always respect.  I got some expected general answers like parents, teachers, coaches, etc...  They also mentioned some specific names but one kid took the cake when he turned to me and said "my Mom doesn't like you."  I laughed out loud.  He tried to continue/explain but he was quickly interrupted by the barrage of others' answers.  I told him that that is OK and we moved on.

I was actually a little excited at the news as it is a running joke with the CFO that "everyone likes Al".  I now had more solid proof that just is not so:)  There is actually someone we are friends with that says they don't like me just because everyone else does.  Jealousy is such an ugly thing:)  But with a wife like the CFO, great kids like the Triplets and the "cush" job of being a SAHD who wouldn't be jealous?

There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher.
Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885)

Jealousy is all the fun you think they had.
Erica Jong

Al

No comments: