Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday alert

We are less than a week away from the Triplets' fourth Birthday!  We are giving them bicycles for their Birthday.  But being a man you know that I can't do things the easy way:)  

Addison's wish is easy.  She wants an Ariel (Little Mermaid) bicycle.  Thankfully there is a Disney Princess bike that has Ariel on it.  Jackson wants a Spider-Man bike.  There is one that is for sale many places but it is two pieces of sheet metal welded together and it received very poor reviews.  The biggest challenge was that William wanted a Batman bike.  There was one for sale earlier in the year but I dragged my feet and now, no bike.  There is a "Dark Knight" one that is the same as the Spider-Man one.  What to do?.....

I came up with the great idea of buying the boys two bikes that I could "transform" into Batman and Spider-Man bikes.  By "transform" I mean remove all the stickers and purchase replacement Batman and Spider-Man stickers.  But for some reason that sounded too simple so when reading about the bikes I saw where the wheel bearings in the bikes rarely had much grease in them so they did not spin very well.  Upon delivery of the bikes I noticed that this was true and the pedals did not spin freely.  No problem, buy new pedals and repack the bearings!

True to form I have taken an easy task, buying bikes for the kids, and made it morph into a project that requires additional purchases of stickers, bike tools and a bike stand.  I love being a guy:)

We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)

Men don’t want anything they get too easy. But on the other hand, men lose interest quickly.
Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire

Al

No comments: