Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Will power

I find myself more and more having to use my will power to not succumb to temptation. The Triplets more and more these days have the following requests:
  • We want to watch a movie - Daddy could fall asleep on the couch
  • We want to watch Batman - Daddy could get some other stuff done
  • We want to play on the computer - Daddy can cook without interruption
  • We want you to play your game - Daddy would get to play Modern Warfare 2
I am not saying that I never let them do any of these things but they ask A LOT and we could fill our days with them. But alas, that is not the parent I want to be nor the kids I want them to be so we trudge along doing things together:)

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Mahatma Gandhi

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it
Mae West

Al

No comments: