Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A different point of view

I sometimes forget, as I think we all do, that kids are little people. I know that sounds funny but I (we) frequently want them to ALWAYS behave well, eat the same amount/things, and generally be exactly the same day to day/hour to hour.

I was thinking about it yesterday... I am not the same, I have moods and they do to. In the past I have always looked for reasons that they were behaving the way they were. You know, it was the kids at school, church, etc... But I think the fact of the matter is that they are just little people, like us. Sometimes they are in a bad mood, sometimes they are in a good mood. Sometimes they have a taste for one type of food and other times they don't. So I now add this to my list of things to keep in mind...

1. No good deed goes unpunished.
2. They don't have to have fun my way.
3. They are little people, not robots.

A couple of pics from the kids' camera.



From a certain point of view our real enemy, the true troublemaker, is inside.
Tenzin Gyatso, The 14th Dalai Lama quotes (Dalai Lama, b.1935)

Al

No comments: