Wednesday, May 26, 2010

13 weeks of Summer!

I am not sure if I am brave, crazy, optimistic, or delusional. I say this like it is something new:) We have decided not to put the kids in a day out program this summer. They will be in VBS for one or two weeks but I am volunteering for one of the VBSs so that is a wash. Why you ask? Partly because I want to be sure we have some long consistency in discipline as the Triplets are ramping up their back talk. The other two reason is that for some reason I want to do it, to see if I can do it and still get all my stuff done. It would be a most improbable task if not for Grandma Jack coming over so I can cut the grass once a week.

Yes, I am a glutton for punishment but I also keep thinking that we will never get these times together back and I want to have as much as possible. No matter how tiring or frustrating those times may get:) The good outweighs the bad by 95% to 5%. But oh that 5%!

On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time.
George Orwell (1903 - 1950)

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.
Stacey Charter

Al

P.S. I share this last quote only for the reason that it made me almost laugh out of my chair. Don't read anything into it, it is just funny.

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
Matt Groening (1954 - ), "Life in Hell"

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

I don't think you are crazy or delusional. I think you are just a great dad and the fact that you love spending time with your kids is awesome. Hope you have a great summer filled with lots of special memories and lots of pictures to post :-)

Think I forgot to tell you that we moved to Colorado Springs. We have been here about a month. Loving the views and weather, not so much unpacking all those boxes.