Friday, January 7, 2011

Back to the grind

Well, it is not really a "grind."  The Triplets started back in school today after their Winter break.  I am working part time again but I am trying to stay at around 20 hours a week so I can have a little more balance than my last contract position where I was trying to squeeze out 30+ hours each week.  That being said I will be doing this till or through March if everything works out.

As with all things, some things with the Triplets have gotten MUCH easier while others are getting MUCH harder.  Easier is all the maintenance stuff; feeding, bathing, dressing, etc....  But what is getting more taxing is the deluge of information.  I am bombarded with information requests (why? why not? can I?) and information updates (DADDY!  so and so just did such and such, we just broke such and such, etc...).  It can be a bit overwhelming when you have all three going at once.  Sometimes I feel like I trading commodities and futures in the pit.  Heck, I even use hand signals!  No, not telling them they are #1:) lol  I use some of the standard signals for close range engagement.  I use the "freeze" and "rally point" ones the most.  I also throw in a little sign language for good job, thank you, please and of course... NO.  This is invaluable in loud situations or when I can see them but don't want to shout.  Looking cool is just an added bonus:)


Anger is the feeling that makes your mouth work faster than your mind.
Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Al

No comments: