Friday, February 13, 2009

What to do, what to do....

We know, we know, we did it to ourselves. A few months back Jackson was sick and we would bring him to bed with us (primarily the CFO) to comfort him. Since then it has been rare that he does not get out of bed at least once during the night. He also frequently ropes William into coming with him:) The other night I heard him cry (he was in our room) and before I could get to the other side of the bed the CFO had already picked him up. She started cuddling with him! I quickly grabbed him to take him back upstairs. I am not even sure she woke up or knew what she was doing but I knew what it had done.... he was up four more times that night.

I have thought of locking him in their room but that seems to defeat the purpose of "teaching" him to stay in bed. OK, "in bed" is a flexible term. We really mean in it, under it, near it or at least on the same floor as it:) Plus it would be different if he slept in by staying up later but it seems to have the opposite affect making him more short tempered than usual.

Oh well, I guess if this is my biggest worry at the moment then we are truly blessed. I just need to remember that when they smile and say "NO!" :)

The kids are getting tired of me taking pictures:)






If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.
Doug Larson

Al

No comments: