Tuesday, October 21, 2008

After the romantic weekend

I know, I know, we are just hopeless romantics. The kids are away for the weekend and we blissfully stain the fence and plant a tree:) OK, well, we start to plant a tree. I when I say "we" plant a tree, I mean the CFO does. She wants a tree... she digs the hole, well, most of the hole. We ran out of time and we had to go meet the in-laws to pick up the kids. Gotta love equal rights! I stay at home with the kids and she digs the holes.

She found the perfect spot for the tree in the front yard. Guess what? It was such a perfect spot that when she was digging she found the stump of a tree that had been in that perfect spot:) It was a small stump so she dug around it. That is when I got to get out one of my power tools and use it for a purpose for which it was not intended... EVERY GUY'S DREAM! I used my reciprocating saw to cut the stump up into pieces. No, I do not have a chainsaw. But I did give some serious thought to pitching the idea to the CFO. But with our Dave Ramsey budget in effect there was little hope for a new power tool:(

Before and after of the fence in the same picture.




Boy, oh boy, can the CFO dig a hole or what?




People need trouble -- a little frustration to sharpen the spirit on, toughen it. Artists do; I don't mean you need to live in a rat hole or gutter, but you have to learn fortitude, endurance. Only vegetables are happy.
William Faulkner

Al

No comments: